Responsive Web Design RWD
Responsive Web Design is the approach to web development that aims the website functionality towards all devices. THis allows the website to be viewed on phones, tablets, and desktop computers alike. There is no extra step in creating a mobile site; rather, it’s a part of the design process.
If your site is not responsive you are behind the times!
May web agencies these days are still charging their customers for 2 sites, a mobile and a regular site. Modern web develpment has eliminated the need to have a separate mobile site. Having a separate site for mobile requires two sites to be edited instead of just one.
Why have a Responsive Website?
- RWD allows all devices: phones, tablets, and desktop computers to render the site appropriately
- Reach a larger audience on multiple platforms
- No need for duplicate content on a mobile site
- Fluid grid design layout that adapts to the browser
- Flexible sized images to allow resizing based on browser screen
- Media Queries that allow CSS style to change based on the device
Content Management Systems
If you need to manage and control a large, dynamic collection of Web material, a database driven content management system can be implemented, enabling the user who is not code oriented to manage web images, create new pages, and manage content. The Administration is accomplished through a browser-based interface.
Can you add content to your current website?
If you cannot access your own website content for updates, you are at the mercy of your Webmaster. If you feel you can maintain your own content, use a Content Management System. This virtually eliminates the need for you to contact your Webmaster for edits.
Why have a CMS?
- Provides a browser base GUI that can be accessed to edit the site.
- Users can collaborate to create and maintain their own website data, without having to go through a Webmaster.
- CMS software has a WYSIWYG editor for those who are not code savvy.
- Provides functionality like: blogs, news, and shopping.
Strategic Web Marketing
It is necessary for your website success to analyze your market. The market is the target audience you want to reach. For example, if you are a local record shop you will want to target the people that live in your area.
Do you have a marketing strategy?
Every successful business has a Marketing Strategy of some sort. If you do not have a strategy to reach your target market, Absolute Web Dev can get you pointed in the right direction.
Why do you need a Marketing Strategy?
- To find your target market
- Learn your business web “Marketing Mix” to hone your business products and services.
- Find your web business strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Develop your web business “Product life cycle“
- Monitor your business success on the web.
Search Engine Optimization – SEO
Search Engine Optimization has changed significantly in the last year and has become more Social Media driven. The type of SEO work that involves the Web Development process has to do with: keywords, META data, structured data, W3C valid code, and following Google webmaster guidelines.
Where is your website now in the search rankings?
Is your website not ranking well. Write Keyword-Optimized Content, drive Inbound Links with Shareable Content, and be Active on Social Media. This is what boosts your search engine rankings.
Why is SEO important?
- Reach your target market by using specific keywords for your business.
- Creating W3C compliant code will eliminate crawl errors.
- Having an XML Sitemap created and submitted to search engines will ensure your site is indexed.
- Having your website “META” data set up correctly will help web crawlers find your content faster.
- Ensuring that your site PageRank and Link analysis are good to put your site above the competition.
Design, Logos, Content, and Branding
It is imperative to your business success to build consumer recognition and differentiation from your competitors brand. Absolute Web Dev will help you with building your business identity and a unique web site.
Does your website have your business stamp on it?
I can build your logos, product associations, services, and your business entity. I can work with you to help you achieve your vision of how the consumer perceives your brand. I have a B.A. in Marketing and have a solid understanding of marketing principles.
How important is your web branding?
- Customers will remember your website if you have your business colors and graphics on the site.
- Branded websites give the user the impression that you are a professional company and not fly by night organization.
- Your Logo is your face. People remember logo’s and associate them with the business.
- Successful companies differentiate themselves from their competition.
In today’s web market, Social Media plays a crucial role in your website success. Since Google has updated their search algorithm, Social Media is weight heavier than ever in search results.
Are you in need of a Social Media expert?
If you are not a “Social Media Guru” and you need help, Absolute Web Dev can get you on track quickly in the Social Media realm.
Why do I need Social Media?
- Ever go “Viral”? Social Media will propel your website to your target market fast.
- Professional companies are transparent. Social Media propels your business reputation.
- Social Media is necessary for your “Search Engine Optimization“.
- Helps with gathering positive and negative feedback on your business practices.